Many turbochargers fail because of a damaged engine! Here is an engine checklist to go through, to ensure that your turbo has a good start in life and to comply with warranty requirements.
- Flush engine and pipes, use fresh oil and check pressure is correct (over 2.5bar)
Pipes must be checked for blockages
- Test cylinder compression
- Make sure spark plugs are clean and dry
- Air filter must be clean
- Check ignition timing with manufacturers specifications
- Fluid levels must be correct
- Catalytic-converter, intercooler and exhaust system must be standard and clear of obstructions
- Breather system must be checked for blockages
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT TURBOCHARGERS FAIL FOR A REASON. SEEK OUT THE REASON BEFORE REFITTING! CLICK HERE TO SEE A LIST OF COMMON FAULTS AND THEIR REMEDIES.
PRIME THE TURBO BEFORE STARTING YOUR ENGINE. IF YOU ARE STILL IN ANY DOUBT THEN DON’T HESITATE TO GIVE US A CALL ON (01253) 933794 OR SHOOT US AN EMAIL OVER TO CONTACT@TURBOREPAIRS.COM AND WE WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUERIES.